Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Meet Katharine Marie

For some reason, my daughter walks around the house singing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." Or is she whistling it? I can't tell since her "s" sounds like "th."


So my husband, Brian, is pretty popular with the kids in our neighborhood. All the children think he's pretty cool. In fact, several of our friends' children have asked their dads to become policemen like Brian. I guess it's true that you're just not appreciated by your own because his coolness factor doesn't impress his own children.
Katharine asked him, "Dad, can you be a baker and not a policeman?" It should be noted that Cake Boss is her favorite TV show, with Ultimate Cake Off a close second. She called for me the other night after she was already in bed. I rushed in, thinking something was wrong. She said, "The new Cake Boss is on tonight at 9. Don't forget." After being reassured that it was set to record, she drifted peacefully off to sleep, all worries at bay.
This is my six year old (almost seven).

No comments:

Post a Comment