Thursday, June 17, 2010

Children and their delusions

So I teach Katharine's primary class at church and last week we got on the topic of making poor choices. I said everyone makes mistakes and then we learn from them. A little girl in the class asked me if even I, the teacher, made mistakes. My sweet little Katharine said, "You do, Mom. Sometimes you make horrible choices."

I replied, "Yes, everyone makes mistakes, your parents and even your grandparents all make bad choices sometimes."

This was too much for my little girl. Katharine said, "Not my Grandma. She doesn't make mistakes."

Seriously! And I thought this was my one kid who understood reality. Boy does Grandma have them fooled. She's perfect and I'm apparently a total screw-up.

1 comment:

  1. Oh poor Katharine. She is in for a rude awakening when she finds out the truth about her grandma.

    ReplyDelete